RDS services are free to UW-Madison faculty, researchers, staff, and graduate students.
- We can help draft a plan to meet requirements from federal funders.
- We can also review your plan and suggest improvements.
- Data workflow and process improvement in your department, research unit, or laboratory.
- File-format and metadata standards that fit your research and your community.
- Digital preservation and archival concepts, to help you avoid losing your work.
- Advice on data sharing and reuse rights, to maximize your influence and credit.
- Database design advice and data modeling suggestions to get the most from your data.
- We will train your trainers in data-management best practices.
- We also train you and your lab, customizing our approach to what you want to accomplish.
- We come to research-methods courses to train the next generation of researchers.
- We bring our expertise to your symposium, brown bag, or meeting.
- Storage and backup solutions, on campus and off.
- Data-security experts, particularly in the Office of Campus Information Security.